Van Damme is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Van Damme may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
This policy is effective from September 2020.
VAN DAMME CABLES
4 BRANDON ROAD
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following:
- Name, company name, email address and telephone number.
- Anonymous statistics relating to use of the Van Damme website
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION
- Information is provided by you when you make an enquiry via the website
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- To manage and respond to customer enquiries
- To maintain and improve the Van Damme website experience
Under Data Protection Law we rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal information:
- We have had your consent via you contacting us with an enquiry
- Legal obligation – where processing is necessary to comply with the law
Van Damme may on occasion need to share your personal information with third parties relating to the operation of the business, as shown below:
- Information may be shared with VDC Trading Ltd. so that your enquiry can be dealt with and responded to
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Information is stored securely on our web server, other servers used for VDC Trading Ltd.’s accounting and business systems and in backups of these servers. Some information may be stored on paper at Van Damme’s offices e.g. records of correspondence relating to enquiries
- Where we no longer need to keep your personal information we will ensure it is deleted
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you
More information on these rights can be found on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Please contact us if you want to make a request, with the subject line or addressed as Data Protection.
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your data you can complain to the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113